Delivering on Edtech’s Promise #learnlaunch15
The purpose of Across Boundaries is to promote dialogue about digital learning. Our 3rd annual conference will examine how the most promising digital tools are being implemented in educational settings to increase student learning. The conference brings together a diverse set of voices to discuss the most challenging questions facing the edtech industry today.
We expect over 600 attendees who are passionate about edtech, including entrepreneurs, educators, investors, students, and industry experts. This year’s focus will be on empowering the edtech community to build, use, and deliver effective and engaging digital tools and learning experiences.
LearnLaunch Institute is a non-profit dedicated to increasing student achievement through the adoption of digital technologies. LearnLaunch Institute connects educators, entrepreneurs, learners, investors, and industry affiliates in the education innovation ecosystem. It offers conferences, meetups, classes, and other services to the edtech community.
LearnLaunch Institute is part of LearnLaunch, an organization dedicated to connecting, supporting, and growing greater Boston’s education technology ecosystem to drive innovation.
- Deborah Quazzo: Founder and Managing Partner of GSV Advisors
- Jose Ferreira: Founder & CEO, Knewton (Video Available)
- David Rose: Founder & Chief Education Officer, CAST (Video Available)
- Diane Tavenner: Founder & CEO, Summit Public Schools (Video Available)
- Gather Education
- HILL for Literacy
- NI-I Toys
- Play Ed
- Six Red Mables
- Victory Productions
Pitch Competition Participants
- Cafe Learn
- LTG Exam Prep Platform
- School Yourself
- Platinum: Cengage Learning
- Gold: Curriculum Associates, McGraw Hill Education, Parthenon, EY, Pearson, Microsoft, and Education First
- Silver: Rethink Education, Nelson Mullins, Good Harbor Partners, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Nutter
- Bronze: KnowledgeVision and Credly
- Dan Callahan, Professional Learning Specialist, Massachusetts Teachers Association
- Sean Casey, Vice President, Strategic Initiatives & Corporate Development at Campus Labs
- Kris Clerkin, Executive Director, College for America at Southern New Hampshire University
- Marta Da Silva, Community Program Manager, Google – Android EDU
- Laurie Forcier, Senior Academic Projects Manager, Harvard Graduate School of Education
- Martin R. Geoghegan, Principal, John T. Nichols Jr. Middle School
- Eric Hilfer, VP of Software Engineering, Rosetta Stone
- John Kim, Senior Lecturer of Business Administration, Harvard Business School
- Ann Koufman-Frederick, VP of Learning Innovation, Consulting Services For Education
- Claudia Reuter, Vice President of HMH Labs, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Seth Reynolds, Partner, The Parthenon Group
- Rob Toof, Founder & CEO, ProctorCam
Testive: Edtech Company, Testive, Announces $500k Bridge Round of Funding
National Center on Time & Learning: New Guide Offers Roadmap for Schools to Utilize Expanded Time and Technology to Personalize Learning and Support Student Success
Dana Harris, Red Javelin Communications, Inc.