Learning Innovation Showcase
Our inspiring showcase is an opportunity to learn about innovative programming that personalizes learning for students of all ages through access to effective, cutting-edge edtech. Launched as part of the conference in 2016, the “Classroom of the Future” aimed to highlight middle and high school environments where edtech tools were applied. In 2017, the programming evolved into the “Learning Innovation Showcase” to allow out-of-school and post-secondary learning innovations to also be highlighted. It is now one of the most interactive aspects of the conference, as it uniquely presents the voices of learners and enables diverse groups – educators, entrepreneurs, investors, and policymakers – to see a range of edtech tools applied in real learning environments.
We are seeking educators and their students to show their approaches and projects supercharged by edtech at the Learning Innovation Showcase! Are you an educator – working with 6th Grade through 12th Grade, higher ed, out-of-school or post-secondary students – who is creating innovative, edtech-enabled learning experiences for your students? Share your approach with other educators, entrepreneurs, and policy leaders who will be in attendance at the LearnLaunch Across Boundaries 2018 Conference!
If so, here is what you need to know:
Showcase Date: Friday, February 2 (Time to be announced.)
Location: 2018 Across Boundaries Conference, Hynes Convention Center
What learning innovations will this showcase focus on?
Middle school and high school innovations – both in and out-of-school
Higher ed innovation: community colleges, colleges, graduate programs – both in and out of coursework
Lifelong learning / workforce innovations: continuing education, and career and workforce development
How many innovations will be showcased?
20 teams of up to 3 participants. Each team must include at least one educator and one student.
What does participating in the Learning Innovation Showcase entail?
1. Submit a Learning Innovation Showcase Application.
2. Writing a showcase description to be shared online and during the event.
3. Running a demo table to highlight student learning and projects.
4. Bringing a team to present at the conference. The team must include at least one educator and one student.
5. A student ignite session – a one minute pitch where the student highlight their learning experience.
What is the Timeline?
August 22: Applications open
October 4: Application reminder
Friday, November 3: Applications close
Monday, November 13: Notification to accepted teams
December – January: Preparation conference calls and check-in with accepted teams
Friday, February 2: Learning Innovation Showcase at Hynes Convention Center
Where do I Submit My Application?
Learning Innovation Showcase Application
Note: We are seeking learning innovations such as: personalized learning, robotics, AI, augmented reality, simulations, games, coding, etc.
Requirements of Accepted Participants
1. Participate in Orientation/Welcome Call between Friday, November 10th and Monday, November 20th.
2. Complete at least two one-on-one prep calls with Learning Innovation Showcase staff in December and January.
3. Submit “student” roster and one minute Ignite Session video for feedback by Wednesday, January 17th.
4. Submit final Ignite slide by Friday, January 27th.