Edtech Pitch Competition
Early stage edtech companies – representing K-12, higher and continuing ed – are invited to participate in the 2018 LearnLaunch Pitch Competition for the opportunity to pitch in-front of over 1,500 edtech stakeholders at the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference that will take place February 1 – 2, 2018.
What is the timeline?
K-12 Pitch Competition
Tuesday, September 19 from 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Submission Deadline: August 23, 2017
The competition will continue with a focus on pitches from start-ups serving the K-12 education space.
Location: EF (Education First) Headquarters, 2 Education St, Cambridge, MA 02141
– Andrew Joseph, CEO, School by Design
– Claudia Reuter, Senior Vice President, Digital Services and Labs, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
– Patrick Larkin, Assistant Superintendent for Learning, Burlington Public Schools
– Sky Lance, Managing Principal and Founder, SustainVC
– Vishal Arora, VP of Technology for Tours, Education First
– K12 Landing
– Speech Up * WINNER
– Tembo Education * WINNER
Higher Ed Pitch Competition
Thursday, October 12 from 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 18, 2017 by 12PM EST
The competition will kick off in October with a focus on pitches from startups focused on higher education space.
Location: LearnLaunch, 281 Summer Street, 2nd Floor, Boston, MA 02114
– Cebra Graves, VP, Research and Planning, Strada Education Network
– Nick Brown, Director, Product Management, VitalSource
– John Richards, President, Consulting Services for Education
– Bill Hughes, President, Open4Learning
– Michele Bata, Ph.D., Associate Dean, Director of LEEP Center, Clark University
– examPAL * WINNER
– Cirkled In
– Cue Career
– MentorWorks * WINNER
– uConnect * WINNER
Workplace Edtech Pitch Competition
Tuesday, November 14 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Submission Deadline: October 27, 2017
The quarter-finals will continue with pitches from companies focusing on Workplace Technology. Workplace technology is a broad education vertical that includes continuing education for employable skills, upskilling, workplace training, and skill matching software.
Location: General Assembly, 125 Summer St, 13th Fl, Boston, MA 02110
– Richard Ramirez, RPR Consulting, President & CEO
– Adam Newman, Managing Partner, Tyton Partners
– Devin Cook, Executive Producer, Inclusive Innovation Challenge
– Maria Flynn, President & CEO, Jobs for the Future
– Patrick Larkin, Director of John Adams Innovation Institute, Massachusetts Technology Collaborative
– Better Weekdays
– CourseStorm * WINNER
– Presentr * WINNER
Virtual Pitch Competition
Wednesday, December 6 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Submission Deadline: November 16, 2017
The quarter-finals will conclude with an open call for edtech products serving education space.
– Bill Triant, VP, Strategic Partnerships and Investments, North America
Thursday, February 1, 2018
As part of the semi-finals, the winners from the quarterfinals of the competition will pitch live in-front of judges and participants of the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference during concurrent sessions on the first day of the conference.
Friday, February 2, 2018
The 2018 LearnLaunch Pitch Competition will conclude at the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference with the final two companies pitching their edtech product in-front of over 1,000 participants who get to choose the winner.
Rules and Criteria
- Pitches must be no longer than five minutes long. We suggest you spend two minutes on what your product does, one minute on the market served and how you are different from possible competitors, one minute on market traction (Including: sales, users, revenue in your pipeline, and, if you want, investors.), and one minute on what’s next for your company and why your team is great. You will be hard stopped at the five minute mark. Time begins when the presenter(s) begin speaking. Visual aids can be used, including PPT slides.
- There will be a four minute question and answer period after each pitch.
- The presenter(s) must be present to give their pitches during the competition. If selected to pitch at the conference, you must be physically present to pitch.
- LearnLaunch will invite select competitors to pitch as finalists at the LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference, February 1-2, 2018.
- Presenters must will be selected to present in random order. A list with the presentation order will be created the day of event.
- The goal should be to present your company as a potential partner to other firms in the room and/or as an investable company. Due to new SEC regulations we ask you not include financial information or make an actual “ask” for investment.
- Your presentation should include the following line at the bottom of your title page: “The following presentation contains company-specific information and is not a solicitation or an offering.”
- Applicants must be developing an edtech product or service. Note: Preference will be given to companies with market traction.
- Teams can be comprised of undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate or active professional members.
- Entrepreneurs must submit the Call for Pitches form, which includes their pitch deck.
- Entrepreneurs must submit a video or screencast of their pitch.Please note:Videos or screencast pitches are helpful during the selection process, and are required for the Open Pitch.
- LearnLaunch will invite select finalists to pitch at the Across Boundaries Conference, on February 1 – 2, 2018.
- Judges at the conference will select at least two companies to pitch to the entire conference audience and be voted winner and runner-up.