Edtech Pitch Competition
Early stage edtech companies – representing K-12, higher and continuing ed – are invited to participate in the 2018 LearnLaunch Pitch Competition for the opportunity to pitch in-front of over 1,500 edtech stakeholders at the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference that will take place February 1 – 2, 2018.
What is the timeline?
K-12 Pitch Competition
Tuesday, September 19
The competition will continue with a focus on pitches from startups serving the K-12 education space.
Higher Ed Pitch Competition
Tuesday, October 12
The competition will kick off in October with a focus on pitches from startups focused on higher education space.
Postsecondary Pitch Competition
Tuesday, November 14
The quarter-finals will continue with a focus on pitches from continuing ed startups and others serving education space.
Thursday, February 1, 2018
As part of the semi-finals, the winners from the quarterfinals of the competition will pitch live in-front of judges and participants of the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference during concurrent sessions on the first day of the conference.
Friday, February 2, 2018
The 2018 LearnLaunch Pitch Competition will conclude at the 2018 LearnLaunch Across Boundaries conference with the final two companies pitching their edtech product in-front of over 1,000 participants who get to choose the winner.
Want to participate?
Submit to Pitch
Rules & Criteria
1. Pitches must be no longer than five minutes long. We suggest you spend two minutes on what your product does, one minute on the market served and how you are different from possible competitors, one minute on market traction (Including: sales, users, revenue in your pipeline, and, if you want, investors.), and one minute on what’s next for your company and why your team is great. You will be hard stopped at the five minute mark. Time begins when the presenter(s) begin speaking. Visual aids can be used, including PPT slides.
2. There will be a four minute question and answer period after each pitch.
3. The presenter(s) must be present to give their pitches during the competition. If selected to pitch at the conference, you must be physically present to pitch.
4. LearnLaunch will invite select competitors to pitch as finalists at the LearnLaunch Across Boundaries Conference, February 1-2, 2018.
5. Presenters must will be selected to present in random order. A list with the presentation order will be created the day of event.
6. The goal should be to present your company as a potential partner to other firms in the room and/or as an investable company. Due to new SEC regulations we ask you not include financial information or make an actual “ask” for investment.
7. Your presentation should include the following line at the bottom of your title page: “The following presentation contains company-specific information and is not a solicitation or an offering.”
8. Applicants must be developing an edtech product or service. Note: Preference will be given to companies with market traction.
9. Teams can be comprised of undergraduate, graduate, postgraduate or active professional members.
1. Entrepreneurs must submit the Call for Pitches form, which includes their pitch deck.
— K-12 Submission Deadline: August 23, 2017 (for September 19th Pitch Competition Event)
— Higher Ed Submission Deadline: September 13, 2017 (for October 12th Pitch Competition Event)
— Post-Secondary Ed Submission Deadline: October 18, 2017 (for November 15th Pitch Competition Event)
2. Entrepreneurs must submit a video or screencast of their pitch.
Please note: Videos or screencast pitches are helpful during the selection process, and are required for the Open Pitch.
3. LearnLaunch will invite select finalists to pitch at the Across Boundaries Conference, in February 1 – 2, 2018.
4. Judges at the conference will select at least two companies to pitch to the entire conference audience, and be voted winner and runner-up.