CONNECT. DISCOVER. EDUCATE. LEAD.
The Massachusetts Personalized Learning Equity and Excellence (MAPLE) Consortium is a public-private partnership between the LearnLaunch Institute and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to catalyze personalized learning in the Commonwealth with the purpose of better preparing students for their future.
- Create a professional learning network and convene the field
- Provide venues to showcase the bright spots
- Match emerging new models to innovation funds
- Recruit researchers
- Identify sites
- Highlight practices and products that work
- Build public will
- Disseminate research on proven efficacy
- Clarify funding streams
- Define Personalized Learning in MA
- Provide practical policy guidance
- Leverage state buying power
Personalized Learning in Massachusetts
Personalized learning seeks to accelerate student learning by tailoring the instructional environment – what, when, how and where students learn – to address the individual needs, skills and interests of each student.
Within a framework of established curriculum standards and high expectations, personalized learning motivates students to reach their goals. Students take ownership of their own learning and develop deep, personal connections with each other, their teachers and other adults.
Technology is necessary to implement personalized learning effectively, affordably, and at significant scale. Teachers leverage technology to gain detailed and timely knowledge of their students that guides instruction. Effective use of technology allows teachers and students to focus more on creativity, critical thinking, and collaboration.