Unleash the Power of Innovation
Solutions that engage, convene, and lead education stakeholders.
Who We Are
LearnLaunch Institute, a non-profit organization, is located in Boston, serving the education ecosystem in the New England region. We believe in high-quality, equitable teaching and learning for all students. We help unleash the power of innovation by empowering school & district leaders to embrace & manage change.
What We Do
We engage education practitioners and policy leaders in workshops and conferences. We convene local, state, and national thought leaders to solve the toughest problems facing education. We lead communities to muster the power of innovation.
The Building Blocks is a research-based, online planning framework. The framework identifies 10 essential elements for achieving equitable, high-quality teaching and learning. The tool allows school and district leaders to engage in a simple, streamlined planning process. Leaders can access district examples, templates and other resources that have been synthesized and organized to be easily discoverable so they can quickly find the solutions they need.
The Building Blocks Workshops offer just-in-time support and long-term planning for implementation of innovative practices. Our highly interactive workshops are designed for individuals, school teams, or district teams. Participants learn, reflect, and collaborate to develop actionable takeaways. We are also able to offer customized workshops and curated professional development series to districts or schools.
Our Massachusetts workshops combine expert insights with peer learning in Building Blocks virtual workshops. Since July 2020, LearnLaunch has been partnering with the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to provide free workshops for Massachusetts district and school leaders and educators. Our virtual workshops are aligned to our research-based Building Blocks Framework.
Massachusetts Personalizing Learning for Equity and Excellence
The Massachusetts Personalized Learning EdTech (MAPLE) Consortium is a public-private partnership between the LearnLaunch Institute and the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education to catalyze personalized learning in the Commonwealth with the purpose of better preparing students for their future.
Exploring Sense of Belonging: Defining and Taking Action
We are excited to offer an in-person professional development day on Friday, March 31st for educational leaders and educators from across Massachusetts. The event will be held from 8:00 AM – 2:30 PM at The Sturbridge Host Hotel and Conference Center in Sturbridge, MA. Participants will reflect on what sense of belonging means in their contexts, learn from experts and peers who are implementing impactful strategies, and leave with tangible action steps to bring back to their schools and districts.
The day’s program will include:
- An opening keynote by Secretary Patrick Tutwiler
- Interactive sessions on topics such as positive adult-to-adult, adult-to-student, and student-to-student relationships; the intersection of DEI and Belonging; inclusive environments; and students as stakeholders;
- Opportunities to learn from experts in the field as well as from peers across the state;
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch.
Attendees will be awarded PDPs. Space is limited.
LearnLaunch is leading the formation of an Innovation Advocacy Council. We have secured the participation of prominent private sector leaders in the education sector to join this effort. Our work will include:
- Collaboration with LearnLaunch executives to develop the mission and goals of the Council;
- Support efforts to build a robust public advocacy presence for the critical work of the education innovation ecosystem in New England;
- Inform stakeholders of the economic and thought-leadership value of the EdTech sector in our region;
- Assist LearnLaunch with synthesizing and interpreting insights from LearnLaunch’s intensive work with K-12 school leaders; and
- Aid legislative efforts and outreach to policy leaders to create a stronger, more robust ecosystem for education innovators.
Help Sustain And Grow Our Impact By Donating Today!
Join Our newsletter
Sign up for our bi-weekly education and EdTech newsletter: curated education news, conferences, webinars, funding opportunities, and more.